After being integrated into the Vaugirard commune, it became part of Paris's 15th arrondissement under the enterprise of Baron Haussmann. Since the 20th century, Boulevard de Grenelle is particularly recognizable. It is, of course, a major road on Paris's left bank, but is also dominated by the elevated section of the metro. Between 1903 and 1959, the Grenelle district welcomed the Vélodrome d’Hiver, sadly famous for the Vél d’Hiv Roundup during World War II. A complex of towers built in the 1970s now stands on the same spot: the shopping district of Beaugrenelle.